Friday, May 14, 2010

The Perils of Working From Home


So, just a few minutes ago I was diving into today’s projects here in my home office—gearing up for some magazine copy editing, prepping for a phone interview with a college prof at 10, trying to think of what the heck I am going to write about fly fishing, when I heard the doorbell.

Obediently I padded down the hall in my bare feet, glad I'd gotten around to getting dressed. I opened the door and was greeted by a tall fellow in a suit. He handed me this.


I can't really pass on all of the “happy news” he intended to share, because quite quickly I scurried him away by informing him that I actually WORK here, and not just the laundry-and-scraping-crayon-off-the-walls kind of work.

But I just had to take a minute and share this with you all right away, despite my deadlines, because isn’t it such good news? All suffering soon to end. It’s about time, really. Suffering is so Dark Ages. Personally, I am completely over it.
I’m not entirely sure what the moose has to do with it, but I suppose we’ll find out when we get there.

3 comments:

  1. hahahah i know exactly what you mean!!

    but congrats to you on the End to Suffering, hehe. what's your secret?

    best of luck with all you do!

    p.s. i LOVE your header-picture. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the moose is supposed to represent suffering. And then Captain Hotness will shoot it and hang the head in your living room and you will be known forever as the new saviors of humankind. Except that you'll have another stuffed dead animal in your house and that would be a problem... the moose is confusing me. I must confess.

    Love Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that the moose represents eternity, and Nirvana looks like Alaska. Which Captain Hotness would probably agree with, actually.

    ReplyDelete