Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adapt and Overcome!

I’ve just spent an hour identifying eight new publishers to submit my children’s book manuscript to (must get back on the bus!), and am feeling chagrined about my rant of last post. Namely, because now I recall that there are warnings all over the listings in Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market that some publishers, when uninterested, will simply not respond.

It’s still a sorry state of affairs, in my opinion. But I recognize that it is much easier (and far less useful) to rant than to simply accept the conditions one must work under and persevere anyway.

“Adapt and overcome!” my wise step-father has begun to declare at the tiniest sign of challenge. I will submit these eight and try not to take personally the absolute nothingness that might (or might not! must remain hopeful!) follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment